Vaseline! I’m sure there isn’t a single person here who has never heard of it or used it, for whatever reason. Whether it was to make your feet smoother (or to annoy your younger brother by putting it in his hair when he was blissfully unaware, and fast asleep), or to soothe dry skin, this amazing and versatile product has been around for over 140 years.
Product Description :
Do you see skin the way we do?
Your skin is amazing. It’s your waterproof barrier. It’s how you sense and adjust to your surroundings. Constantly growing and replacing itself. It’s easy to take skin and all of its properties for granted, but we never have. For years we’ve marvelled at skin and have developed products to help keep it amazing.
Uses of Vaseline :
- Vaseline prevents windburn (chafing of skin due to harsh and/cold winds)
- Vaseline helps to eliminate lice. If applied in a thick layer to the scalp, it will destroy all the lice by smothering them. However, this may be difficult to get out of hair, and will require numerous washes.
- Vaseline helps soothe burns.
- Consistent application of Vaseline after a shower will help get rid of dry patches on skin.
- Vaseline helps shine leather bags. Can also be used to shine leather shoes, though isn’t advisable, since shoes will attract more dust if they have a coating of Vaseline on.
- Many swear by Vaseline as an aid to help eyelashes and eyebrows grow thicker and longer, when used every night, directly on them. This is a very slow process, though.
- Vaseline can be used to make homemade lip gloss or lip balm. Various recipes can be found on the Internet for this.
- Dab little on to your wrists and pulse points. Then spray your perfume. The scent will last much longer.
- Sometimes, a ring can get stuck on a finger. The ring can be slipped off much easier if Vaseline is used to lubricate the finger first.
- Brittle nails benefit from a regular massage with a mixture of Vaseline and glycerin (or even plain Vaseline will do!)
- Hate that dried up nail polish on the mouth of your nail polish bottles? Apply a tiny amount of Vaseline on new nail polish bottles (or on old ones, after cleaning off the accumulated dried polish with remover).
- Brush your eyebrows with a little Vaseline to help them look groomed. Don’t use too much, though, as when you sweat, it’ll create a greasy mess on your forehead.
- Getting a tattoo? Vaseline helps heal the itching and irritation arising from a new tattoo.
- When you dye your hair at home, whether with commercial box mixes available or with vegetable dyes (eg. henna), apply Vaseline along your hairline and on the top rims of your ears to prevent the color from touching the skin and staining it.
- Love the scent of that lotion but it’s now almost over? Extend its life by adding a bit of Vaseline into it. This will not change its scent, as Vaseline is unscented, thus preserving your favorite smell.
- Love carving vegetables? Rub Vaseline onto the exposed edges after carving to keep the vegetable from spoiling or drying up. Of course, don’t do this with something meant for consumption later!
- Got lipstick stains on your precious linen napkins after that dinner party? Apply Vaseline on them before washing, and see those stains fade away.
- Run out of your favorite makeup remover? No, don’t wash it off with face wash. First use Vaseline like you would your regular remover, and then use your face wash. Your skin will thank you for it.
- Vaseline works as good as regular chap stick to heal chapped lips.
- To get smooth lips, exfoliate them by putting some Vaseline on an old toothbrush, and gently brushing your lips with it, and then wiping it off with a soft cloth dipped in warm water.
The context above is not my own find I collected from different sources. I have come across these uses across the time and I love few of them so much. They really work wonders. So, I just planned to jot it down at one place for ease of many :).
I Hope you will find this post useful. If you know of any other use do share it in the comment below. I will update my post with your name and blog link 🙂
Donot forget to follow me :